Date: June 26, 2022
Time: 14:30 -16:00
Duration: 1,5 hours
Many people are unaware that there is more than one kremlin in Russia - after all, "kremlin" is the Russian word for a fortress in the centre of a city. However, the Moscow Kremlin is unique: far more than a fortress, it is the historical heart of Moscow, and the spiritual and political centre of Russia. Every period of the country’s history over the last 500 years is represented here, from the 15th century walls and magnificent 16th- and 17th- century cathedrals to the grand 18th- and 19th- century palaces, and the huge Soviet-era Palace of Congresses. Many of Russia’s greatest leaders have made their contributions to the Kremlin’s architecture and history, including Ivan the Terrible, Mikhail Romanov, Peter the Great, Catherine the Great and Alexander I.
The Moscow Kremlin is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the official residence of the President of the Russian Federation. We invite visitors on a sightseeing tour around the capital’s number one attraction.
Within the walls of the Kremlin you will find many fascinating and unique sights:
· Assumption Cathedral - Russian rulers were crowned and married here; and generations of tsars are buried in the burial vault of the Archangel Cathedral.
· The monumental Grand Kremlin Palace - used as a venue for official ceremonies.
· The Senate - another fine construction, which in its time has welcomed many famous statesmen and formerly housed the Imperial Senate. After the Revolution Lenin had his office here.
· The Tsar Cannon and Tsar Bell, the heaviest bell and largest cannon in the world, both extraordinary examples of Russian bronze casting.
· The Arsenal, a rare example of a military building from the time of Peter the Great, which remains in use. Along the wall of the Arsenal there are many of the cannon that were captured from Napoleon’s Army as it retreated from Russia.
You will learn about the Kremlin’s rich history and its role in Russia’s history over eight centuries. This unique ensemble of majestic buildings is guaranteed to make a lasting impression!
Kutafiya Tower-The Tsar Cannon- The Tsar Bell-Cathedral of the Archangel-Dormition Cathedral- Grand Kremlin Palace-Arsenal
Ticket price: 30 € per person (guided tour only for groups up to 9 people)
This tour is carried out by appointment, the application must be sent by March 31!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2021!
Visiting museums only by QR code.
You can get a QR code based on the results of vaccination of only one of the vaccines registered in the territory of the Russian Federation.
If a citizen is vaccinated in another country with another vaccine, he can take a PCR test ONLY a day before the visit, present a document with a negative PCR test and a passport at the entrance to the museum. According to the Order of the Ministry of Culture 1780 of 01/11/2021 and 1737 of 26/10/2021